You can use your gun for self defence but still wind up the being the victim.
Don't pay for someone else's crime. Consider buying a firearm liability policy and protect your personal assets!
DEFENSIVE GUN USE (DGU) REFERS TO THE UTILIZATION OF A FIREARM TO PROTECT ONESELF OR OTHERS. RESEARCH SUGGESTS THERE ARE OVER ONE MILLION OCCURRENCES OF DGU IN THE U.S. EACH YEAR!
It is estimated that at 70-80 million Americans own at least one firearm. A recent Gallup poll indicates that concern over personal safety is the most common reason given for owning a gun. But what happens if a law-abiding citizen is actually forced to use a gun to protect his/her self, a loved one, or their personal property? There will be an investigation – and potentially a criminal trial. Even an eventual acquittal provides no guarantee that the “victim” or his/her family members won’t sue in civil court. Many homeowner policies specifically exclude firearm use – even in self defense – as a covered exposure, deeming it to be an intentional act. That leaves the gun owner personally liable for legal expenses, bail bond costs, and any judgments awarded through a civil action. That’s why we introduced the Firearm Liability product. Consider some of the features of our offering:
• Civil Actions – Legal Defense. Provides expert legal counsel to protect you against civil litigation arising out of the covered use of a firearm for self-defense.
• Civil Actions – Indemnity. In the event of an adverse civil judgment occurring from a covered event, the policy will pay monetary awards (up to the limit of liability).
• Criminal Actions – Legal Defense Reimbursement. Policy will reimburse insured for reasonable legal expenses incurred while defending him/herself against criminal charges arising from the use of a firearm in self-defense (up to the limit of liability).
Criminal Actions – Legal Defense Retainer. Advances funds to the insured to cover the cost of retaining legal counsel to defend against a criminal action.
• Criminal Actions – Bail Bond. Advances funds to cover the cost of securing a bail bond.
• Compensation While in Court. Compensation for loss of earnings resulting from time off taken from work to assist the insurance carrier in the investigation or defense of a covered claim.
• Firearm Theft Civil Liability. Provides legal defense for civil actions resulting from bodily injury/property damage caused by firearm stolen from the insured.
• Psychological Sessions. Reimbursement for therapy sessions with a licensed professional to help the insured cope with the trauma associated with using a firearm in self-defense.
• Legal Defense Hotline. Access to a hotline staffed by legal professionals. This service is provides advice on questions relating to the use of a firearm in self-defense.
Interested in applying for coverage? A simple, one-page application is provided with this brochure. It provides a number of different coverage options so you can pick the one that best suits your needs. To apply, simply complete the form and mail it back to us with payment. We accept remittance by check or credit card. Have questions? Our team is ready to answer any questions you may have. Simply contact us at the address below:
Contact Us About